Wednesday, May 14, 2008

CHARGE!!!!!


I heard a joke about two years ago about G.W.Bush. It goes like this:

"The most important thing to me is to have a president who is certain about his beliefs. I want a president who believes on Wednesday the same things he believed on Monday, no matter what happened on Tuesday."

The more I watch the politics of the world stage, the more amazed I am at how terribly congruent they are with the politics of my own Church body, somewhat, it would seem, because of a bizarre approach to convictions.

Meanwhile, as we hasten to do everything we can to apply 30 year old ideas about reaching the culture, the Baptists are yelling from the top of their lungs: "WAIT!!! GO BACK!!!!"

But right now, the LCMS believes what American Christianity believed yesterday, regardless of what's happening in American Christianity today.

No comments:

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.