Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Mercy 2.0

I was most amazed by the worship service at Trinity, Baton Rouge, the Sunday after the hurricane hit, Rev. Matthew Harrison, Director of LCMS World Relief and Human Care writes in his book Christ, Have Mercy. Refugees had inundated the church's facilities, and Pastor Schmieding was running on empty, so he asked if I would preach. By this time I also had been several days with minimal sleep (on a couch in spare property owned by Trinity.) ... I preached on Romans 3:28, “All things work together for good...” I preached on the cross and the hidden way God so often works his good will. I will never forget the families whose homes lay submerged thirty miles to the south weeping and holding on to one another. ... Truly, they were baptized for this moment....Baptism means we are in this together.

What great words! What a powerful story! I am often amazed...

Click here
to continue reading Pastor Fisk's thoughts from this week's ENews,

No comments:

  ©Template by Dicas Blogger.